Lathe Machine Operator
Fresno, California, United States
We’re hiring immediately for a Lathe Operator who has previous work experience operating CNC machinery for a warehouse located in Fresno!
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Operate CNC lathe in the machining of components.
· Measure workpieces and verify dimensions using appropriate tools.
· Be familiar with boring, drilling, reaming, threading and tapping operations.
· Be familiar with the preparation of tools for machining.
· Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
· Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces.
· Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing and threading.
· Detecting malfunctions, replacing worn tools, cleaning debris from machine.
· Report any faulty operation of equipment or defective materials to the area supervisor.
· Operate lifting devices for movement of materials and other equipment as needed.
· Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
· Abide by the company safety and personnel policies
· Carry out any other responsibilities that the supervisor may assign from time to time or as needed by the company.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management; subject to reasonable accommodations.
Key Skills and Competencies:
· Must be familiar with general lathe machine operation and mechanical skills.
· Mechanical problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills a must.
· Must be able to read a tape measure, verify dimensions, use a straightedge and other measuring devices.
· Have the knowledge of machine drawings, fit and tolerances.
· Must be able to operate lifting devices.
· Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
· Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
· Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
· Must be able to lift and handle components weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Must be able to work with others, as some tasks require two individuals.
· Must be able to work without constant supervision.
· Valid identification that proves your right to work in the United States
· As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a drug screen and background check
· Call us today to discuss your work experience and we will match you with our most appropriate client!
How to apply:
· Register with Exact Staff at www.exactstaff.com/register
· Once you have received a confirmation code, contact our office (559) 438-8848