Bakersfield, California, United States
We are currently seeking an Office Assistant in Bakersfield, CA for a company that creates high quality central vacuum systems for homes and offices around the globe. You will be responsible for sustaining positive customer relations with both internal and external customers. You will also interact with varying customer types to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests regarding products and services.
- Full Time
- Pay Rate: $16.50-$17.00
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday 7:00am-5:00pm
- Develop working knowledge of product offerings, part numbers, nomenclature, pricing, service levels, marketing promotional programs and company policies and procedures.
- Interact with customers via telephone, electronically or in person. Obtain, input, and process orders or information in response to inquiries, concerns or requests regarding products and services.
- Effectively evaluate customer requirements and expectations to address specifically, make professional recommendations or ascertain who best is suited to further engage and assist in meeting the customer's needs in a timely and quality manner.
- Prepare professional correspondence for issues or circumstances pertaining to product availability / back orders, order tracking, customer satisfaction issues, product returns and any other customer and product related inquiries or issues.
- Coordinate the issuance of product return authorizations, call tags and input details within company systems pertaining to the reason(s) for return, operating characteristics, and qualifying criteria such as manufacturing lot or date code, serial information, or proof of service work performed.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- Organize, inventory, compile and/or file operational paperwork and sales related materials.
- Input and maintain customer warranty registration details within database and perform other data entry or systems maintenance as needed.
- Sort, stamp, process, and/or deliver incoming and outgoing USPS mail.
- Maintain a well-organized workspace and assist with cleaning common areas as required or directed.
- Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish
- Two years' experience in an administrative role involving data entry, multi-line telephone systems, and various Windows-based computer programs. Experience with ERP software or an order management system; Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
- A demonstrated aptitude, willingness, and discipline required to effectively comprehend and utilize companywide hardware and software systems, standardized operating guidelines, tools and techniques required of the job without ongoing re-training and intervention.
- Extremely motivated with the ability to think quickly and multi-task.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a willingness to support various functions within the company
- Outstanding organizational skills and abilities
- Comfortable making decisions independently
- Valid identification that proves your right to work in the United States
- As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a drug screen and background check
- Call us today to discuss your work experience and we will match you with our most appropriate client.